Immediate, Early, or Third Reinstatement
If you have been dismissed from the university and wish to return without sitting out the required time, or would like to return to Boise State following a third dismissal, you will need to complete an academic appeal. All appeal forms must be turned in prior to first week of classes.
Set up an advising appointment with an ADR advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 208-426-4049.
Plan for this meeting to take an hour.
At this meeting, you will complete the Academic Appeal Plan of Study form, which is required to submit with your appeal.
Download and print out the Academic Appeals form: Fill out information by typing in the PDF, or in black or dark blue ink only
Write a letter to the Academic Appeals Committee (one page, single or double spaced, typed) that includes the following:
- Date and student ID number
- State what you are requesting (immediate/early reinstatement)
- Describe any extenuating circumstances and how they affected you and your academics
- Explain how those circumstances have been resolved or are being resolve
- Conclude with a brief statement of your academic goals and plans
Include any documentation that relates to the circumstances you discussed in your letter. While not required, it is highly encouraged to include documentation if you have it.
- Proof of doctor’s visit, hospital stays, etc. with dates
- Death certificate or obituary
- Letter from doctor, counselor, or lawyer on official letterhead
- Military orders
Completed appeals can be turned into the Office of the Registrar, Administration Building Room 110 or LLHALL@boisestate.edu