Single PDF Files for Binder 1 (Tenure-track/Tenured & Clinical Faculty)
Binder 1 will be submitted as a single PDF file with bookmarks for each required section. (See Example_Candidate’s Binder 1 PDF Doe_J Binder 1-2021).
- Binder 1 should be one PDF file of all the materials that would otherwise have been in your hard-copy binder.
- If you choose to use a PDF format for Binder 2, it should also be in one single PDF file.
- Please do not submit multiple PDF files for your binders. Whenever possible, create a PDF directly from a Word or Excel document, rather than by scanning a hard copy of the document. This creates a clearer document that takes up less space, and it allows reviewers to search the document.
- Bookmarks: To help those who are reviewing your materials, you will need to create bookmarks in the PDF version of your binders. Those bookmarks will appear in a navigation pane and will function as an interactive table of contents for readers.
- Hyperlinks: For materials that cannot adequately be captured in a PDF or that are best accessed through other digital formats, include hyperlinks in the appropriate places of your PDF binder.