Administrative Council Meeting: December 2019
December 10, 2019
HSRV 101, 2:00-3:30pm
Facilitator: Dr. Bob Wood, Director
In Attendance: Jane Shimon, Joie Burns, Joe Coyle, Jen Eichmeyer, Kelsey Nelson, Kristy Grabert
Call to Order
Faculty Affairs: none
- Joie reported from Travis that group has not met yet.
- The School will have our members convene beginning next semester.
- Communications: HOSA Conference (Wed, Apr 15th)
- The School will take leadership on this event; meeting with Samantha Davis to get more details
- Innovative successes (dean is asking to move up date if possible)
- Bob asks that Department Chairs try to report back with one or two items before break and send to Robert Sundquist, Tim Dunnagan, and Bob Wood.
- Evaluation season (see Policy 4290)
- faculty updates dues by Feb 1
- report to faculty by March 1
- report to director/dean by April 15
- CEC ratings
- Will have David Weaver come in and do a in-service on Faculty 180 for faculty reports
- Spotlight Award Nominees
- Joe – Nominated Lonny Ashworth for Research; All accepted
- Jane – Will try to get a nomination before Winter break. We will vet that electronically.
- Strategic Plan
- Curricular – Courses, Emphasis in Bachelor of Applied Science Program, Suggestions for existing/new courses were made to include evidence-based medicine and intro to Radiology, Jane suggested 3D program where we combined minors.
- Potentially put together a job description for a shared Admin
- Need for grad admissions liaison was addressed, but this is not simply an administrative issue. There are some policy concerns that must be addressed.
- Decided we would not have our own advisory board, but we will do an advisory summit possibly during Research Conference. We will recognize board at that time.
- Bob mentioned potential to start an Alpha Eta Honors Society
Follow-up from recruiting event
- Dept Chairs all seem to have a follow up plan with students
Interdisciplinary curriculum (degree completion emphasis in BS in Applied Science)
- See Strategic Plan notes
- SoAHS Research Conference (Thur, Feb 27th)
- Chairs were asked to promote the events with faculty, students, and community partners
- Undergraduate student research fair (Fri, Apr 17th)
- Chairs are asked to promote this event to their faculty and students as well.
- The School will help with purchasing posters for students if they use the library
- Innovative Successes – Dept Chairs try to report back with one or two items and send to Robert Sundquist, Tim Dunnagan, and Bob Wood. Due before break if possible
- Spotlight Nominees – Dept Chairs Due before break if possible
- SoAHS Research Conference – Dept Chairs promote event with Faculty, Students, and Community Partners
- Undergraduate Student Research Fair – Dept Chairs promote event with Faculty and Students