Skip to main content
Call to Order
- Robert Wood, Director
- Kristy Grabert, Admin
- Lillian Smith, CEH
- John McChesney, KIN
- Jennifer Eichmeyer, GEN CO
- Joie Burns, RAD SCI
- Lutana Haan, RESP CARE
Approval of Minutes (NA)
- RESPCARE – Did very well at recent event. 4 Awards, 6 Presentations
- RADSCI – Erica Wight is resigning as of 29-Dec. Will need a new chair.
- KIN – Mourning the passing of recent grad. Searching for Biomedical Engineer.
- GENCO – 160 applications so far in different stages – 26 in stage 5.
- Next Steps for BB 2 FY_2.0 process
- Bob will be scheduling one-on-ones prior to meeting with VP of Budget on 1-Feb.
- Dates have been sent out for presentations, meetings, workshops (please encourage faculty to attend).
- Feb 15th School-wide meeting (Farnsworth Room)
- This will also include Spotlight in Teaching by Samantha Davis, with a social immediately following
- April 15th UGRC (10-2) and Bob Pangrazi (7pm)
- Same date as Undergrad Research Conference
- Defining different department roles
- Departments will be asked to give feedback (mid-January)
- Will then conduct a formal vote
- In agreeance, Bob will call the question for a vote in January after break
- School ad-hoc Policy Committee
- 2 groups: Faculty and Administrative
- Faculty commissioned to complete a draft in Spring
- Call the question in Fall
- School ad-hoc PR/Communications Committee
- Consists of Bob and Kristy
- Website / Branding
- Jan 30th Spring Recruiting event
- Booking @SUB near Bronco Zone from 10am – 2pm
- Looking for interested Students, Student Organizations, Faculty, Staff to participate in representing school
- Would like to include active learning equipment within departments
- Department specific materials, swag, etc. Bookmarks were suggested
- Would like to create a contact sheet for students to leave their contact info if interested
- John suggested having a Peer Advisor there
- Follow-up on Metrics (data mining)
- Met with Kirk Ketelsen. Still a work in progress, but a high priority.
- Zoom capability of HSR 101 (work with Kristy)
- Video hardware has been purchased already, but see Kristy if any other items need to be purchased for conference room.
- Jen would like to get Susie access to HSR101 Conference room calendar.
- Discussion of faculty evaluation process (for my edification)
- Lillian has a process flow chart for this
- Dictated by state, 3 step process
- Lot of issues last year with report not lining up with CEC
- Discussion about role of School in T&P
- Bob wants to create guidelines that Chairs and Faculty can look to. Would like input.
- There is a desire to recognize adjuncts at College Level
- Need ideas in the next couple of months
- Lillian – How are we engaging with adjuncts rather than just giving them awards
- John – Recognize each adjunct, not necessarily an award. Maybe a Letter, Certificate, Email Newsletter? (See Theresa F.)
Other items (All)
- February 15th: School-wide Meeting, Spotlight on Teaching with Samantha Davis
- Prior to January 30th: Spring Recruiting Event
- Submit suggestions for Students, Student Organizations, Faculty, Staff to participate in representing school
- Notify directors office if you would like to include any active learning equipment
- Submit any department specific materials, swag, etc. for event to directors office
- Discussion about role of School in T&P. Would like input.
- Awards for Adjuncts: Need ideas in the next couple of months.