Executive Council Meeting: February 2022
February 14, 2022
Call to Order
Facilitator: Dr. Robert Wood, Director
In Attendance: Jane Simon, Jenni Gudapati, Jennifer Eichmeyer, Leslie Kendrick, Megan Koster, Olga Salinas, Kristy Grabert
Approval of December Minutes
- Grosz Lecture postponed.
- Bronco Day 4/9 (Be prepared to share plans at March meeting)
- Department updates
- Just finished chair search; 4 candidates
- One tenure track position open, applications open through end of the month
- Launched in January, going well
- New cohort in the fall
- In the middle of admissions
- Having a little difficulty with the new systems (CANVAS, Slate, etc)
- Required advising has launched
- Getting vamped up for summer orientation; will be live
- RESP CARE
- 2 final candidates for on campus asst clinical track position; coming to campus in March
- Jody Lester, retiring at the end of this year; will be filling her line—posted on Friday and have at least 6 or 7 candidates already
- Students are struggling with their board examinations; determined that is happening consistently across the board
- RAD SCI
- Also noticing 2021 cohort pass rate is inconsistent with what is typical in the past; national trend
- Just finished national conference with excellent attendance rate. 1st place in paper presentation.
- Other: Neuroscience, PhD
- CID will be sending Bob, Kevin Feris from Biology, and Eric Landrum from Psychology to Montana to meet with University of Montana Neuroscience Program faculty for program development. Will appoint a faculty work group with 2 folks from SAHS, 2 from Biology, and 2 from Psychology. Goal is to hear from external reviewers.
- P&T (NOTHING TO REPORT)
- Grad Curriculum. (Megan)
- Some programs that are retiring, but no new proposals.
- Undergrad Curriculum (Jane)
- Nothing from COH.
- University Curriculum–Big change from English, creating 3 new departments after Fall: Linguistics, Writing Studies, and English Literature.
- IPE (Jen) (NOTHING TO REPORT)
- Policy (Bob/Travis A.)
- See note from Travis in Agenda
- Promotion to rank of clinical professor
- If you have any thoughts on this, he’s open to getting feedback from anyone
- Research (Bob)
- Idea to collaborate with St. Luke’s to potentially create an institute. Working on IRB approvals, F&A, contract language.
- Clinical Affiliations (Cathy)
- See note from Cathy in Agenda
- Lack of support for using My Clinical Exchange
- If you have any concerns in that area, reach out to Cathy
- International (Leslie)
- Meeting later this month to discuss an opportunity for Faculty led __ to Croatia.
- Simulation (Leslie) (NOTHING TO REPORT)
- Communications Task Force (Kristy)
- Story submissions form—access the link through COHALL emails
- Paul Farmer rescheduled to September 14
- Bronco Giving Day – March 3-4
- Bronco Day – April 9; Expect a call for volunteers mid-March
- School Faculty Affairs (Bob: need new member/chair)
- Reported back in September using feedback from this committee; they generally agree, but there was some pushback on purpose/scope. They way things were worded, it appeared they were under the impression we were trying to create a policy. Scott will be stepping back from the committee because of workload; looking for a new member, preferably tenured.
- School Policy (NOTHING TO REPORT)
- March 1st Borah (need to plan personnel)
- Time—Still TBD, but will be during the school day.
- Bringing SAHS Booth, will have 2 tables, can bring swag and marketing materials
- Bob can help with set-up, but will not be available the full day.
- RADSCI—students have limited time, but interested in participating
- SSAA—Olga available 8:30-1:00
- Strategic Planning: time to work on metrics and benchmarks
- Hoping to consistently get DAR data
- Note on school proposal to add professional staff
- 2021 Faculty Evaluations: Assessment and Guidance discussion
- NWCCU Guidance;
- School Meeting: 3/11. (12-2)
- Reports (3 mins)- program updates/accomplishments (Department Chairs, Program Directors) (15mins)
- Strategic prioritization process (Bob/Shuqi)
- Friends of School. (Leslie to present Becky, Olga to present Erin)
- Spotlight: Megan to present TJ; Jennifer to present Leslie, Jane to present Tyler)
- Star Staff: Jane to present Tina