Executive Council Meeting: January 2020
January 16, 2020
Call to Order
In attendance: David Weaver, Jane Shimon, Jennifer Eichmeyer, Joe Coyle, Joie Burns, Kristy Grabert
Faculty 180 Reporting (David Weaver, 30 Mins)
- Faculty updates dues by Feb 1
- Report to faculty by March 1
- Report to director/dean by April 15
- CEC ratings
Approval of December Minutes
- Megan Koster, Chair of Resp Care (Summer 2020)
- Coleen Dudley, Retirement and party
- Faculty Affairs (scheduled to Meet Feb 5 to begin faculty governance structure for school)
- ACTION ITEM REQUEST (Bob) Include events on dept meetings. Kristy will reach out to Liaisons.
- UPDATES (Kristy): recruiting events, website, research conference items, Discover Boise, Bronco day, etc.
Grand Challenges (survey administered)
Sim Lab discussion
- Joe – at COH meeting discussed they would like a short term solution until they develop their own; can be a Grand Challenge? For RESP short term, looking at current SIM room in 205 setting up as a space with a bed and mannequin. Control is done with a wireless laptop. Also adding an audio-visual system in 209 for debriefing.
- Joie – doesn’t think she can get a C-Arm upstairs; will have to purchase a mini. Ultrasound unit will fit. FOAM may need to consult to verify how much weight the elevator can safely hold.
- Bob – it’s not affordable based on needs ($500/student fee a semester). Plus doubling size of enrollment. Will need to increase space. Will need a solution for Fall.
- Bob is very interested in supporting (cost about $25k)
College-wide Research Committee (includes Faculty Brown, Gao, Ashworth, Forbush, Kendrick)
Vetting of Spotlight Research Award Nominee (Eric Martin, KIN)
- KIN – Eric Martin; Bob will reach out to him and invite him to make a 20 min presentation
- RADSCI – Travis Armstrong; Bob will reach out to him and invite him to make a 20 min presentation
- SoAHS Research Conference (ACTION ITEMS)
- Advisory Board
- Student Organizations
- Clinical sites
- Innovative successes (still time if you have not submitted what you would like)
- Interdisciplinary curriculum (degree completion emphasis in BS in Applied Science)
- Undergraduate student research fair (Fri April 17th; Printing at Library, School will pay)
- Spotlight Award Recipients (Gao FY19; Ashworth FY20)
- Other Announcements?