Executive Council Meeting: October 2021
October 13, 2021
Call to Order
Facilitator: Dr. Robert Wood, Director
In Attendance: Jane Simon, Jennifer Eichmeyer, Leslie Kendrick, Megan Koster, Kristy Grabert
Not in Attendance: Jenni Gudapati, Olga Salinas
Review of Strategic Plan Tactics
- First draft of tactics is due to the College today. .
- Tactics should be “measurable” in some sort of way
- Tactics may support more than one Goal/Strategy; it is okay to list them under more than one Strategy
- To determine the Metric for each Tactic, consider What are you going to do as a department to make it happen?
- For G2.S3, the interpretation is that this should be more student focused.
- Providing more detailed, specific requests in your context will garner better results (e.g. “We need more space” vs “We need more space for __ because __”)
- If you have a Tactic that fits into a Goal but not necessarily a Strategy, you can create a new Strategy rather
- Think about changing “exploratory language” to more of a commitment when making your updates
- Bob will be combining the Tactics that we worked on today in our Strategic Plan template with his draft; He’ll be sending this out to you after this meeting for your edits/approval before sending to the Dean