The Ada County Coroner’s Office offers a proven and highly successful Coroner Student Internship program. The program provides an outstanding opportunity for college students to gain practical, hands-on experience in the field of Forensics and Medicolegal Death Investigations.
Our intern program selects 3 to 4 interns each semester from a wealth of applicants who attend one of several Treasure Valley schools. Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with one the following: Forensic Division, Investigations Division, or the Administration Division of the Ada County Coroner’s Office. Duties include participating in Forensic autopsies/external examination, Forensic photography, Forensic radiography, Morgue lab processing, Medicolegal death scene investigations, Agency management, Anthropology and more.
- Exceptional Upper Division and Graduate students with both experience and interest in a related field of study (e.g. Criminal Justice, Anthropology, Biology, Nursing, Chemistry, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
- Applications currently accepted for Spring, Summer and Fall Internships.
- Spring semester (up to 6 credits) approx. 20hrs/week
- Summer semester (up to 4 credits); approx. 20hrs/week
- Fall semester (up to 6 credits); approx. 20hrs/week
- Schedules are open to flexibility based on students work and school requirements for the Investigations and/or Administration Division internships. Forensic Division Internships are required to be available M-F 7-12pm for cases.
To apply, please submit the following material to Laura Larson. Email: email@example.com (please designate “intern application” and semester of interest “spring, summer, fall” in the subject line) *Check with your department first on internship application processes.
II. Letter of intent
III. Copy of unofficial transcripts
IV. Indicate which semester you are interested in applying for
*Please Note: If you are selected as an intern, you will be required to pass a background check. Eligibility for internship opportunities are based on an affiliation with accredited Universities.