Breakout Room Activity:
Take ten minutes in your group to discuss the list of advice below when trying to renew a grant:
Checklist of advice when renewing your grant:
- Does the renewal grant have any updated or new requirements?
- What are the current pay lines for the specific agency and how has that changed since your last submission?
- If you have the choice, should you request the same study section?
- How many specific aims do you have or need? Do you need preliminary data for all aims?
- What is your timeline for submission (taking into consideration that it would be 1 year at the earliest from submission to funding)?
- Should you obtain a no-cost extension for your current grant before submitting the renewal?
- How can you extend the relevance and significance of your current grant for a renewal?