Skip to main content


Biomolecular Research Center FAQs

Where do I go to get my papers into PMC?

You can get papers into PMC by visiting NCBI’s webpage.

How does one get an eRA Commons Name?

If you are going through the BRC to get an eRA Commons profile, please send an email to with your first name, last name, and email that you would like to use to access this account.

What is My NCBI?

My NCBI is a tool that retains user information and database preferences to provide customized services for many NCBI databases. It allows you to save searches, select display formats, filtering options, and set up automatic searches that are sent by e-mail. My NCBI includes other features that help you save your citations and manage peer reviewed article compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy (My Bibliography), create an online professional profile (SciENcv), highlight search terms, and set up LinkOutOutside Tool and Document Delivery preferences for PubMed.

What is SciENcv?

Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae (SciENcv) is an electronic system that helps researchers assemble the professional profile needed for application of federal funds.

How do I register for a PI iLab account?

Please send an email to with your first name, last name, email, and the funding source segment strings you would like to have added.

How do I sign up for an iLab user account if I am not a PI?

Please go to iLab Organizer and click on sign-in.  If you are a Boise State employee use your Boise State credentials to log on.  Once you have logged on, please be sure to select the PI lab you want to be affiliated with. If you are not a Boise State user, please select the “Not a Boise State user/” selection and follow the instructions from there.

Where can I find more information about Core Facilities?

Researchers can quickly locate facilities that provide the services they need by visiting the CORE MARKETPLACE webpage where you can locate other CORE facilities to collaborate with and gain more users.