Summer Sessions: Stay on Course

By Regina Jenkins, Director, Summer Sessions

Even though there is still snow on the mountains, it is not too early to be thinking of summer classes for your student. Registration for Boise State summer classes opens on Tuesday, February 16.

Summer classes can help your student graduate faster, pursue a minor, or take a more manageable course load during the academic year. Over 10,000 students took summer classes last year. In fact, 80% of last year’s graduating Boise State students took summer classes during their time here.

The perks of summer classes? Our summer students say it best:

“I loved the flexibility and discounted tuition that Boise State’s summer program offered.”

“It’s just better than normal classes! ”

“I feel very fortunate to have taken the class with a wonderful professor and lab instructor. Having the ability to interact with them in an intimate setting (~30 students) was awesome!”

“Much better than I expected! I loved that I was able to go home for the summer and still get a head start on my classes.”

“There’s a more casual, laid back feeling in the summertime.”

“I loved my three-week class. It was intense, but meeting every day was an opportunity to really immerse myself in the content.”

“It’s just better than normal classes!”

Summer Reduced Per-credit Tuition Rates

(tuition reduced for regular fee programs/classes)

Undergraduate

Idaho Residents: $293 per credit
Non-Residents: $328 per credit

Graduate

Idaho Residents: $368 per credit
Non-Residents: $403 per credit

Financial aid may also be available for your student. Learn more on the Summer Financial Aid page.

Summer Sessions Schedule

See our summer sessions schedule here.

In summer 2021 we’re offering more flexible classes and support than ever before:

• Online, in-person and remote classes are available.
  • More than 1,000 class offerings.
  • Sessions range in length for maximum flexibility.  See the calendar below for session dates.
  • On-campus housing is available so your student can earn credits and enjoy all the non-academic summer fun Boise has to offer.
  • Tutoring and support services are available.  Even if your student isn’t in Boise, they have access to free, online tutoring.
  • In a survey of summer 2019 students – over 92% of respondents rated their experience with summer classes as good or great.

Learn more about summer sessions and check out our class list.

If you have questions, contact Regina Jenkins, Director of Summer Sessions, at (208) 426-3295 or reginajenkins@boisestate.edu.