Meals Under 5 – Lunch
- 4 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup beans, pulled pork, or ground beef
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup corn, canned or fresh
- 2-3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips, roughly crushed
- sharp cheddar or queso fresco, for sprinkling
- ¼ cup sour cream or yogurt
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper
Mix up the dressing and taste it. Adjust the salt, pepper, and lime to your liking.
Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over just before serving and toss to coat the salad evenly. Eat immediately, maybe with a few extra tortilla chips on the side.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2+ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ cup thinly bias-sliced celery (1 stalk)
- 2 cups of rice, cooked and chilled
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup sliced green onions (2)
- In a small bowl combine eggs and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Pour the sesame oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and garlic; stir gently to scramble. When set, remove egg mixture from wok and cut up any large pieces. Remove wok or skillet from heat.
- Pour the cooking oil into the wok or skillet. (Add more oil if necessary during cooking.) Return to medium-high heat. Stir-fry celery in hot oil for 1-3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Add cooked rice, carrot, and peas. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through. Add cooked egg mixture and green onion; cook and stir for about 1 minute more or until heated through.
- 16 slices of Deli Turkey
- ½ head of Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Medium Tomatoes
- ¼ cup berry cranberry sauce
- 8 10 inch flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 slices of Swiss Cheese
- Mix cream cheese with cranberry sauce in small bowl.
- Lay one tortilla flat on cutting board and spread a thick layer of cream cheese all the way to the edges.
- Layer 3 lettuce leaves down the middle of the tortilla. Layer two slices of turkey and 4 pieces of Swiss cheese on top of the lettuce. Top with 2 slices of tomatoes.
- Starting at one end of the tortilla roll tightly towards the filling. Continue until filling is tightly wrapped.
- Repeat until all tortillas have been assembled.
- Slice tortillas into 8 equal pieces.