An equivalent to ten learning opportunities–including the BUILD core workshop–are needed to complete this certificate. The list below identifies many opportunities that count towards BUILD. As you explore this list, there are some things to keep in mind about the certificate and the opportunities that count towards it:
- Opportunities may be online, remote, hybrid, or face-to-face.
- Some opportunities count as multiple credits, because they involve a larger commitment from participants.
- This list of external programming is not exhaustive. Other opportunities that meet the goals of the BUILD program may also count towards your certificate, upon approval of BUILD staff. If you are unsure whether an opportunity counts, contact us at email@example.com to discuss it.
- Opportunities attended prior to BUILD enrollment may count as well.
- Only four opportunities can count for both BUILD and the CTL certificate program, Ten for Teaching.
- Taking the BUILD Core Workshop before other opportunities isn’t required, but it is strongly suggested to take the Inclusive Excellence workshop as soon as you can.
- If you have already attended an Inclusive Excellence session somewhere else on campus (through New Faculty Orientation, Course Design Institute, your own department, etc.), you don’t have to also complete the core workshop. However, please note that there are differences between each of these iterations.