Working Towards Your Career During COVID
Note: This video includes footage of events that took place before COVID-19. Please wear a mask and practice physical distancing both on and off-campus to keep our community safe!
Future employers will want to know how you made the most of this challenging time. While this year might be different than you were expecting, there are plenty of ways you can safely continue to work towards your career goals, regardless of where you’re living or your current schedule. Career Services is here to help!
Links to Resources in the Video
- Handshake: Use Handshake to search for on-campus, off-campus, and remote part-time jobs, internships, and post-graduation career positions. Also find and register for upcoming career events and employer networking opportunities.
- PathwayU: Use our self-guided career assessment to explore career matches, potential corresponding Boise State majors, and make sure you’re on the right track.
- BroncoLink: Use BroncoLink to find people to answer your career questions and support you in your career journey, including alumni and professionals working in your career of interest. Learn how to conduct an informational interview.
- Work U and internships: Apply to Work U by October 12 (for spring 2021) for a chance to gain experience with one of Boise’s best employers. All opportunities are open to all majors and skillsets. Or pursue an internship related to your major. The availability of remote internships right now gives you the option to pursue companies and opportunities you might not have previously considered.
- Fall 2020 Virtual Career Fair: Our fall career fair is going virtual through Handshake on October 14 and 15! Connect with local and regional employers in group and one-on-one sessions to seek internships and career opportunities. Register early to claim your spot in the sessions you want to attend!
Getting Career Help
- Career Services online appointments: Make a video, phone, or email appointment to get personalized assistance. We can help you find the right opportunity, resource, or steps to take this semester to keep you on track towards your career goals. We can also help you explore your major and career options, make a career plan, or search for jobs, internships, and career positions.
- 15-minute online drop-in sessions: Have a quick career or job search question? No appointment needed for a 15 minute session, Monday – Thursday from 2 – 4 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters while classes are in session.
- Virtual Career Center: Access any of our online tools 24/7 using our Virtual Career Center.
- Career Communities: Find other online career resources specific to your interests, identities, or affiliations.
Use the Get Career Help page on our website to access any of these tools, services, or lists of resources by topic.