How to Apply Using Taleo
If you are using an assistive technology; i.e. a screen reader, please read the following before you begin.
- Some screen readers may read or repeat the title bar headings a couple of times before notifying the end user that they are on the welcome and sign in page.
- Prior to being able to apply, an end user will need to create an account with a user name and password.
- As new information is loaded onto the application page, a screen reader may start rereading at the top of the page to allow for new information to be loaded. This could cause a bit of delay in being able to read the whole page. At times the screen reader may read whatever loads first; i.e. may read help info versus what is displaying on the page.
- There is a sixty minute timeout in the application tool after no activity.
- More detailed instructions follow on this page to assist with the application process.
- There are two ways to navigate once an end user is in the application process; 1) use the browser backspace key to navigate back to previous step; and 2) at the end of the application process, Review and Submit, an end user will have an opportunity to edit information provided in any of the 14 steps.
Basic Navigation Before You Begin
- After an end user has applied for a job, there is a graphical navigation bar. The navigation bar at the top lists all the steps and contains hyperlinks. If you have completed a step, the text will change from white to orange and you can select any completed step.
- Save as Draft: exits end user from submission process. A date will be provided on when job requisition closes.
- Sign out after completing submission or save as draft.
- Note: for use with a screen reader, the word “enter” will appear in the instructions prior to the name of the link or button to press or click. For screen readers, this denotes to the screen reader that “enter” is a keystroke that can be used to execute a web item like a link or button.
Following are the application steps and instructions on how to apply.
1. Welcome and Sign In
- If not signed in, click or press Sign In.
- End user prompted to accept Privacy Statement. Click, enter Accept or I Decline.
- Note: an end user will have to agree to the Privacy Statement each time they sign in.
- Login screen is next
- If end user already has an account in Taleo, they can log in with their username and password.
- If end user doesn’t have an account, they will be prompted for a new user registration. See Step 2.
2. New User Registration
- To register as new user, create a username, password, and provide email address. All of these fields are mandatory.
- Username cannot include a space between first name and last name.
- Click or press register.
- Next, end user prompted to create two security questions which are mandatory.
3. Job Openings
- This page lists all job openings.
- End user can search on left-hand navigation by posting date, location, job field or category, and job schedule (full time or part time).
- Job category examples are: professional, classified, and faculty.
- Review list of requisitions and click or press “Requisition Title” to open and view additional information on job requisition.
- Hint: to go back to previous page, click or press link, “back to prior page”.
- Review information on job requisition.
- If interested, click or press on Apply Online button or the Add to My Job Cart button. Add to Job Cart button allows an end user to add all the jobs they are interested in applying for to the job cart for review. An end user can apply for a job from the job cart.
Applying for Job
- Once Job Requisition is open, click or press Apply button.
- There are 14 Steps to the application process. Please review steps in following table to prepare for completing application. Click or press Save and Continue to navigate to the next step.
|A/P Purchasing Administrator||Summary Statement
Administers the City of Boise's accounts payable processes. Serves as a key team member in problem resolution within the integrated purchasing and accounts payable cycle. Works independently under general direction.
Administers the City of Boise's accounts payable system. Processes weekly check runs. Maintains accounts payable files, approves and maintains vendors in the system. Verifies W9's match to Internal Revenue Service records. Audits vouchers and invoices for expense account classification and other criteria as required by policy. Troubleshoots and corrects vouchers and invoices not in compliance prior to posting. Generates and sends positive pay file to the bank and creates check report for Internal Audit review and Council approval. Cancels, invoices, voids and stops payment on checks. Generates weekly reports. Advises corrective distribution adjustments. Responds to internal and external auditors concerning accounts payable. Interprets technical information and instructions regarding procedures, methods and regulations. Answers questions and resolves problems or complaints. (70%)
Research and disperse vendor invoices and statements received in Central Accounts Payable. Request outstanding invoices from vendor and forward electronic copy to appropriate department for processing. Review and approve all City of Boise employee travel advancements and reimbursements to ensure adherence to city policies and procedures. Develops training material and trains employees from all departments. (20%)
Provides backup support to principal business owner of the City of Boise's accounts payable system within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Provides backup support for preparation of 1099's and reports to federal and state governments. Provides financial data to internal and external customers. Partners with purchasing staff to ensure efficient and timely payment processing. Works closely with budget staff, alerting them when expenditures and purchasing requests put activities and/or accounts in danger of a budget hold. Works closely with the City of Boise's fixed asset accountant to provide accurate fixed asset templates. Represents department on citywide collaborative team efforts. Continually reviews processes from customer/AP/Purchasing perspective to increase efficiencies. Reviews current processes and recommends continuous process improvements with customers. (10%)
Performs other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Total Percentage = 100%
Required Knowledge, Experience, And Training
Requires education and/or experience to attain the following:
After completing each step, the end user will have the option to Save and Continue, Save as a Draft, or Quit the application process.
Opening and Completing a Draft Requisition
- Sign in to Taleo.
- The job requisition that is in draft mode will show a pencil icon next to the Requisition Title and under the Actions column, it will state: Finish Draft Submission.
- Click or press on Finish Draft Submission.