Chemistry Stockroom is Hiring!
CIA Position for Students
CHEMISTRY INSTRUCTIONAL CENTER (CIC)
CHEMISTRY INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Qualifications & Job Description Boise State University
Vision: Promote student success through excellence in chemistry.
Purpose: to guide students to become independent problem-solvers in chemistry.
- Cumulative overall GPA of 2.9 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in Chemistry related courses
- Taken both Chem 111/112 or other first year chemistry equivalent to BSU chem 111/112
- Current Boise State student (full or part-time) for Fall 2020
- Teaching experience – B2, LA, private tutoring, lab, etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience working with a diverse set of students
- College Transcripts
- Create a safe and welcoming environment that encourages students to freely ask questions
- Foster learning through student-student interactions as well as student-assistant interactions
- Guide students through the critical thinking process required to approach chemistry problems
- Serve primarily as a group facilitator, rather than a secondary lecturer
- Apply different learning strategies when appropriate – active learning, peer-to-peer learning, etc.
- Attend two half-day trainings on Tues, Aug 18ths and Wed, Aug 19th
- Attend weekly meetings on Mondays (9 am – 10 am MDT)
- Arrive on time and review material necessary each week
Learning Outcomes / Benefits:
- Develop / enhance leadership skills
- Improve problem solving skills
- Prepare for MCAT and other entrance exams
- Build relationships with students and professors
- Letter of Recommendation