Student Employees CIA
What are Chemistry Instructional Assistants?
Chemistry Instructional Assistants (CIAs) are undergraduate students who want to foster student learning by providing a welcoming environment to encourage the curiosity and understanding of chemistry. They are part of the Chemistry Instructional Center (CIC) team and are committed to creating a welcoming environment, service, building relationships, and innovation in peer learning.
- Convenient, on-campus job
- Develop / enhance leadership skills
- Improve problem solving skills
- Practical application of chemistry knowledge
- Build your network with people throughout Boise State campus
- Prepare for the MCAT, DAT, and other entrance exams
- Letter of recommendation
- Flexible hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
- Completion of General Chemistry I & II (Chem 111 and 111L, Chem 112 and 112L)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Completion of Analytical (211 & 212) and/or Organic Chemistry (307, 308, 309, & 310)
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience – B2, Learning Assistant (LA), private tutoring, lab instructor, etc.
- Experience working with a diverse student population
Ready to apply?
(We normally hire twice per year – hiring June/July to start work during the Fall semester, and hiring November/December to start work during the Spring semester.)
Contact Nicole Cornell, CIC Manager, at email@example.com.