CIA Position in the CIC
To apply, visit: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3852891
CHEMISTRY INSTRUCTIONAL CENTER (CIC)
CHEMISTRY INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Qualifications & Job Description Boise State University
Vision: Promote student success through excellence in chemistry.
Purpose: to guide students to become independent problem-solvers in chemistry.
- Cumulative overall GPA of 2.9 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in Chemistry related courses
- Taken both Chem 111/112 or other first year chemistry equivalent to BSU chem 111/112
- Current Boise State student (full or part-time) for Fall 2020
- Teaching experience – B2, LA, private tutoring, lab, etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience working with a diverse set of students
- College Transcripts
- Create a safe and welcoming environment that encourages students to freely ask questions
- Foster learning through student-student interactions as well as student-assistant interactions
- Guide students through the critical thinking process required to approach chemistry problems
- Serve primarily as a group facilitator, rather than a secondary lecturer
- Apply different learning strategies when appropriate – active learning, peer-to-peer learning, etc.
- Attend two half-day trainings on Tues, Aug 18ths and Wed, Aug 19th
- Attend weekly meetings on Mondays (9 am – 10 am MDT)
- Arrive on time and review material necessary each week
Learning Outcomes / Benefits:
- Develop / enhance leadership skills
- Improve problem solving skills
- Prepare for MCAT and other entrance exams
- Build relationships with students and professors
- Letter of Recommendation
Student Employment Opportunity: Chemistry Stockroom
Pick up an application from the Chemistry Stockroom (Science 307)
- Convenient, on-campus job
- Improved lab practical skills
- Practical application of chemistry knowledge
- Network with people throughout the department
- Flexible hours: Monday – Friday7AM-10:30PM
- Completion of General Chemistry I and II (CHEM 111 and 111L, CHEM 112 and 112L)
- Preferred: Completion of Analytical (211 and 212) and Organic Chemistry (307, 308, 309, 310)
Contact Kathleen Mukengezi, Lab Manager at KathleenHuguet@boisestate.edu or (208) 426-3028
The Biomedical Research Center is Hiring!
The BRC is looking for passionate students who love helping others. We are currently hiring a Student Clerical Assistant to start as soon as possible.
Performs general office support functions. Duties typically include: providing general information; responding to routine inquires; operating basic office machinery; answering phones; making appointments; filing, maintaining records, making deliveries or errands, weekly cleaning and organization of communal areas of the Biomolecular Research Center. On-site training and supervision are continuously provided.
If you are interested, please check out the job posting using this link: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3447010
The application closes by 5:00 pm on February 7th. The position(s) are available until filled.
If you have any questions, or problems with the link, please email the BRC Management Assistant, Tracy Yarnell, at email@example.com.