The mission of the College of Innovation + Design is to help create a future Boise State that prepares itself and its students for success in a dynamic world. We are guided by the pressing challenges in higher education, including increasing affordability, improving retention, and enhancing post-graduation outcomes. Serving as a catalyst and collaborator, we foster experiments that enhance institutional capacity, serve our community, and promote innovation and distinction.
Each CI+D program is experimenting in one or more of the following categories:
- Access: Ensure access for all students
- Affordability: Lower cost and/or reduce debt associated with attending university.
- Employability: Improve post-graduation employment prospects.
- Research Impact: Showcase research efforts that are answering problems of importance to society and/or increasing student capacity to conduct research.
- Retention: Foster engagement to improve the student experience and post-graduation outcomes.
- University Capacity: Innovation and grow internal systems and capabilities, increasing the operational flexibility of Boise State University.