The mission of the College of Innovation + Design is helping create the future Boise State. We are a catalyst and collaborator, identifying, fostering, and scaling positive innovative change that brings value to our students, campus, and community. We are guided by the pressing challenges in higher education, including increasing affordability, improving retention, and enhancing post-graduation outcomes. We foster experiments that enhance institutional capacity and promote innovation and distinction.
Each CI+D program is experimenting in one or more of the following categories:
- Access: Ensure access for all students
- Affordability: Lower cost and/or reduce debt associated with attending university.
- Employability: Improve post-graduation employment prospects.
- Research Impact: Showcase research efforts that are answering problems of importance to society and/or increasing student capacity to conduct research.
- Retention: Foster engagement to improve the student experience and post-graduation outcomes.
- University Capacity: Innovation and grow internal systems and capabilities, increasing the operational flexibility of Boise State University.
Learn about our variety of programs in our portfolio in our 2021 Annual Report.