Cybersecurity Entrepreneur Challenge
October 10 - October 26
The Cybersecurity Entrepreneur Challenge is a statewide competition offered by Boise State University’s Venture College, a program in the College of Innovation and Design, and Institute for Pervasive Cybersecurity. This competition is presented in partnership with Micron.
This is a ‘reverse pitch’ competition, which means you don’t have to bring your own idea. Participants will choose a problem provided by industry partners and propose a solution in the form of a new venture. Examples of these problem statements can be found here.
Please note there are two tracks for this competition:
- Student Track: Open to higher education students across the state of Idaho. If applying as a team, at least one member of your team must be a registered student at a college or university in Idaho.
- Public Track: Open to all community members. You don’t need to be a resident in the state of Idaho to apply.
Applications due: Thursday, October 6, 2022
Learn More + Apply Here
Three Phases of the Competition
1. Sprint (October 10 – 19, 2022)
During the first phase of the Cybersecurity Entrepreneur Challenge, participants:
- Learn more about the problem they are solving
- Work with mentors assigned to their teams
- Develop an idea for a solution
- Build and test their prototype
2. Preliminary Pitch Competition (October 20, 2022)
Teams will compete for their spot in the final competition and chance to win cash prizes by pitching their solutions to industry experts, community leaders, and experienced entrepreneurs. The top 3 teams in each track will advance to the final pitch competition.
3. Final Pitch Competition (October 26, 2022)
The Cybersecurity Entrepreneur Challenge will culminate with a pitch competition at Boise Entrepreneur Week (BEW).