Grants for Student Film, Video and Photography Projects
Now Accepting Applications
Current Boise State University students can apply for film and photography grants. Film, experimental video and photography projects are all eligible. Grants range from $200-$500.
A student’s project will be considered in any stage of the creative process though it should be clearly developed. Students are strongly encouraged to review their proposal and budget with their film / photography instructor(s) before submitting their documents.
To apply for a grant, please submit the following to Dr. Mariah Devereux Herbeck (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Oct. 15 or March 15:
- A detailed description of the project and how it relates to the mission of Idaho Film Collection (with clear logline for film projects). Your proposal must include a projected timeline for completion, intended audience, list of student participants, and distribution or exhibition plans.
- A detailed itemized 1-page budget for the proposed project, including other anticipated sources of funding and a clear explanation of how much (precise dollar amount) you are asking from IFC and how it will be utilized,
- For photographers: 10-15 samples of your work, roughly 5×7 at 300 dpi to be shared via Google Drive,
- For video/ filmmakers: Submit work samples such as; 2-3 previous examples of film/ video work (3 minutes max excerpts submitted via Vimeo or YouTube links) OR work Script, sample of the film and/ or storyboard,
- A CV / resumé, and
- If a student has already received an IFC grant in the past, they are asked to provide an update on the project and how the funds were used.