alert

Three COBE Faculty Granted Tenure and Promoted to Associate Professor

Early this week COBE Dean Mark Bannister announced that President Tromp approved the tenure and promotion to associate professor for three faculty members: Jared Egginton, Department of Finance; Christie Fuller, Department of Information Technology and Supply Chain Management; and Eric Gooden, Department of Accountancy.

“I am confident that these faculty members will be outstanding teachers, scholars and leaders in the academic and greater community. We are honored to have them as colleagues,” said Bannister after learning of this positive news.

Jared Egginton

Jared Egginton joined COBE in 2017. Prior to arriving at Boise State University, he was on the faculty at Louisiana Tech University. He also has taught at the University of Mississippi and worked for the hedge fund Western Investments. Egginton’s primary area of research examines financial markets and the trading of securities, commonly referred to as market microstructure research.

Christie Fuller

Christie Fuller grew up in Kansas. After completing her Ph.D. at Oklahoma State University in 2008, she taught at Louisiana Tech University for eight years before coming to Boise State in 2016.

“I am thrilled to receive tenure and the promotion to associate professor,” said Fuller. “Since coming to Boise State, I have reinvigorated my research with previous and new co-authors. I have improved my teaching by working with amazing colleagues and taking advantage of the resources offered by the Center for Teaching and  Learning. I have also used my analytics expertise to work with several nonprofits in our region. Boise State has given me the unique opportunity to integrate my research, teaching and service and I look forward to continuing to do so.”

Fuller’s research focuses on text and data analytics, deception detection, virtual teams and research methods, specifically common method variance.

eric gooden

Eric Gooden was born and raised in Idaho. As a first-generation college student (Boise State master of accountancy ’04, BBA accountancy ’03) he credits the accounting faculty at Boise State as a source of strength, guidance and support throughout his collegiate, professional and personal life. Gooden hopes to have a similar impact on students during his career at Boise State. Gooden’s research and teaching interests include financial accounting and auditing topics.