ITM Graduate, Tyler Chapman, Commencement Speaker and Top Ten Scholar

tyler chapman

Tyler Chapman from Hagerman, Idaho, graduated with dual bachelor’s degrees in information technology management and games, interactive media and mobile. He was select to be the Spring 2020 Commencement student speaker and was also honored as a Boise State Top Ten Scholar.

During his time at Boise State, he completed an internship with NASA; was part of Boise State’s SUITS team that designed virtual reality experiences for astronauts; helped build Bronco BEAM, a phone app that has helped hundreds of students obtain food while reducing food excess on campus; and much more.

As a child, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor and underwent two brain surgeries.

“With this sort of roller coaster of a childhood, I realized pretty quickly that whatever’s gonna happen, is gonna happen. So I might as well just live my best life for the people who aren’t fortunate enough to live theirs. And whenever the opportunity comes up to help somebody else in that same goal, you take it. ’Cause honestly, between you and me, that’s the only way we’re able to live our best life anyway. So might as well do it. So, fast forwarding a little bit, in that pursuit of livin’ my best life, I came to Boise State.”

Watch Chapman’s presentation here (starts at 28:57) as well as view the social media gallery of student photos and videos and access special congratulations videos from the academic colleges.