TechHelp statewide has continued to work to meet the needs of Idaho’s essential manufacturing industry, and they have created new processes and resources to aid manufacturers with COVID-19.
- TechHelp’s New Product Development Team continues to do design and prototyping work for clients and is available to help clients respond to COVID-19 related needs.
- TechHelp, as part of the National Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), is crafting a prudent response to the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation that protects their clients, team members and families. TechHelp created a COVID-19 related updates webpage where they collect, vet and share information generated by local, state and federal organizations.
- TechHelp’s Food Manufacturing Team continues to work with a cohort of small food manufacturers in their Idaho Food Safety Cooperative Program. In order to continue operations, these companies are completing training to put them in compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act. As the virus situation escalated, TechHelp specialists evolved from in-person classes to a blend of in-person/virtual and recently to a totally virtual model. Their specialists are still providing on-site services under the following guidelines:
- The industry/product is essential.
- The client is comfortable proceeding with engagement and provides proper safety precautions.
- The TechHelp specialist is comfortable going in based on the specialist’s health situation.
- TechHelp’s Operational Excellence Team is available virtually and for on-site work as per the guidelines listed above. Their OE team can help manufacturers change or ramp up production as dictated by current needs and can assist with a host of production issues.
- TechHelp is playing the role of matchmaker in helping Idaho manufacturers meet needs generated by the COVID-19 crisis. We monitor America Makes to help ensure Idaho’s additive manufacturing industry can effectively and safely meet the needs of America’s health care workers on the front lines of the coronavirus crisis. America Makes manages the Additive Manufacturing (AM) Capabilities Repository, where additive manufacturers can upload 3D print designs to be reviewed and placed on the NIH 3D Print Exchange. TechHelp’s NPD Team stands ready to help Idaho companies navigate the America Makes process.