During COVID, the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has been on the front lines of the economic crisis. They have provided critical information to 2,668 businesses across Idaho via one-on-one virtual consulting and webinars. This dedication to answering the call has resulted in 2,222 Idaho jobs retained, and 28 new jobs created by Idaho businesses. Additionally, they have helped Idaho businesses apply for and receive $33.38 million in funding from federal, state, and local sources. While there is much more work to do in Idaho’s economic recovery, we are glad to know the SBDC at Boise State is focused on this issue.
Doug Covey, state director of the Idaho Small Business Development Center, and Jeremy Field, regional administrator for the U.S. Small Business Administration Pacific Northwest Region, wrote an article that ran in the Idaho Business Review. For information on creating a pivot plan, read the article “SBA, Idaho SBDC Connect Clients to Resources.”
Other Ways Idaho SBDC Helps:
- Created dedicated COVID resource page for Idaho businesses.
- Launched Client Education Committee focused on statewide webinars resulting in 3519 business owners receiving training.
- Created dedicated webinar page to COVID relevant trainings.
- Launched Onboarding Committee focused on increased hiring needs and uniformed statewide process.
- Hired 15 employees focused on COVID services to SBDC clients.
- Launched Idaho Business Impact Survey capturing 500+ valuable responses on capital needs and workforce projections that were shared with state and federal stakeholders who are building relief programs.
- Launched Business Recovery Survey capturing feedback from over 600 small business owners.
- Statewide outreach plan extend to all 44 counties in Idaho.
- In response to rapidly changing information, we increased and improved communication between our network through biweekly stand-ups, bimonthly leadership calls and a readily available COVID resource drive for our staff to use with clients.
See the Idaho SBDC website for more information.
The Idaho SBDC state and southwestern region offices are hosted by Boise State University College Business and Economics.