COVID-19 Department Updates
Post-Break Presence On Campus
In an effort to ensure safety for all members of our campus community, Boise State is both limiting in-person activity and offering free COVID testing. Testing will be required for all members of the campus community who return to campus for any reason after the fall break.
The Communication Building will generally be open from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. This is standard operational hours with some important details in terms of access effective January 19, 2021 and until further notice.
- No students will have card reader access (i.e. access to the building between 9:01 pm and 7:59 am) until further notice.
- No students allowed in faculty offices until further notice. Student-faculty meetings should occur via video conferencing or scheduled in advance in a designated and approved conference room.
- Student access to the building will be limited to an as-needed basis such as attending class.
In addition to the above protocols, the Department of Communication and Media will adjust its operations to ensure we serve various populations of faculty, staff, and students.
- The Main Office will be physically open based on staff availability. Current hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 3pm.
- The Main Office hosts Virtual Office Hours on Zoom. Current hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5pm (Zoom Link).
- The Department of Communication and Media Advising Center will function entirely in a remote modality for the foreseeable future. In addition:
In addition to these efforts, the Department of Communication and Media will implement the following safety protocols
- Masks are mandatory to enter the building.
- Only one student will be allowed in the main office at a time. Avoid long periods of lingering anywhere in the building.
- Students attending class in the building will be met by their faculty member at the entrance of the building who will accompany students from a designated door.
- COMB 138 will convene, enter, and exit Door A = Main Entry, outside COMB 138
- COMB 114 will convene, enter, and exit Door A = Main Entry, outside COMB 138
- COMB 226 will convene, enter, and exit Door B = Card Reader/ADA Entry
- COMB 230 will convene, enter, and exit Door C = Back Entry, near COMB 132
- Courses being taught in COMB 226 and 230 on the same day and time will coordinate student entrance and egress to avoid congestion in the hallways.
- Students taking courses in the Communication Building will be expected to:
- Clean the room including seats in advance of starting class.
- Use assigned seating
- Prepare for inclement weather during entrance into the building
- The Department of Communication and Media will provide cleaning supplies and no-contact thermometers for each room in the building.
Media Equipment Check Out Room
We are also open by appointment outside of normal hours.
Contact: Skye McGehee, EQ room manager
Phone: (208) 721-3442