Statement of Purpose
A Statement of Purpose is a statement of your research experience, interests, and goals.
When writing your statement:
- Clearly identify your chosen area of emphasis.
- Explain how you have met the minimum requirements for that emphasis. Minimum requirements are outlined on the Eligibility page.
- Talk about your programming experience. This degree requires that you have programming experience. If your experience is not demonstrated by courses on your transcripts explain how you’ve gained and applied your programming skills.
- Name at least three faculty members as potential advisors. A list of faculty, with links to their profiles, is available at: https://www.boisestate.edu/computing/about/faculty-directory/
- Do not use templates. These two resources provide in-depth guidance on how to write a statement of purpose and prepare your application:
The Computing Ph.D. Program has a zero-tolerance policy regarding plagiarism. Applications that are found to contain plagiarized material will be denied.