Dear Computing Community:
Our program staff members are working closely with individual departments and the University to adapt to the challenges created by the COVID-19 outbreak. Plans for fall will continue to change rapidly throughout the summer and to keep everyone up to date we are providing regular updates to our new and continuing students via e-mail and will post important information that directly pertains to our program on this webpage.
Student and Faculty Support Services
- The program co-directors and administrative support staff are working remotely until further notice. Visit our Program Staff page for contact information.
- Students and faculty should contact program staff via e-mail for assistance and phone or video calls can be set up as needed.
- The Computing PhD program has filled all of its available Graduate Assistant positions for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- If additional assistantship funds become available for Spring 2021 the program will consider all eligible admitted students.
New Student Orientation and All Student Meeting
- New student orientation will be held Wednesday, August 19th – 9:00 AM Mountain Time.
- An All Student Meeting will be held Friday, August 21st – 1:00pm Mountain Time
- Contact program staff for Zoom registration links for both meetings.
- The fall semester will begin August 24th and courses will be offered as either face-to-face, remote or hybrid.
- The specific format of individual courses will vary and students can now check the delivery mode of their courses in the university registration system.
- All courses will transition to a remote delivery format after the Thanksgiving break.