Dear Computing Community:
Our program staff members are working closely with individual departments and the University to adapt to the challenges created by the COVID-19 outbreak. Plans for fall will continue to change rapidly throughout the summer and to keep everyone up to date we are providing regular updates to our new and continuing students via e-mail and will post important information that directly pertains to our program on this webpage.
Student and Faculty Support Services
- The program co-directors and administrative support staff are working remotely until further notice.
- Students and faculty should contact program staff via e-mail for assistance and phone or video calls can be set up as needed.
- The deadline to apply for fall 2020 admission has been extended to June 30th.
- The GRE test score requirement has been waived for applicants applying for fall 2020 admission.
- The Computing PhD program has filled all of its available Graduate Assistant positions for fall 2020
- International students who have accepted Graduate Assistantships must work closely with the International Admissions office and the program to ensure their visa application process is progressing. This process can be lengthy under normal circumstances and we expect that there will be additional challenges due to COVID-19.
- Students who have accepted Graduate Assistantship offers will receive additional communication from the program regarding fall work assignments closer to the beginning of the fall semester.
New Student Orientation and Semester Kick-off meetings
- New and continuing students should save the week before classes begin (8/17-8/21) for orientation and semester kick-off activities.
- Orientation and semester start meetings will most likely be held virtually, or in a hybrid format to ensure proper social distancing.
- The fall semester will begin August 24th and courses will be offered as either face-to-face, remote or hybrid.
- The specific format of individual courses will vary and students will be able to check for this information in the university registration system beginning July 15th.
- All courses will transition to a remote delivery format after the Thanksgiving break.