During Your COVID Testing Appointment
Immediately alert staff if you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID. While in the testing center, please adhere to facial covering and physical distancing requirements and present your Boise State campus ID or state identification card when requested.
Use the following tips to help promote saliva production:
- Swallow minimally until you are able to provide your saliva sample
- Think of your favorite foods
- Gently massage the outside of your cheeks
- Make chewing motions with your mouth
Receiving your results
After testing you should receive an email when your test result is ready in 1-3 business days. This email will come from “email@example.com” with the sender name “Boise State”. The email will include the language “print or download the Result Report” and contain a link to sign-in to the Patient Portal. If this email does not arrive in your inbox, check your Spam folder.
To access your COVID-19 test results:
- Visit the Patient Portal and enter your email address – be sure to use the same email address that was used when setting up the account.
- Check your email inbox for a verification code.
- Enter this verification code on the sign-in page.
- Once logged in, click on “My Results.”
- Confirm the collection date of your test and status is “Final.”
- Click the PRINT Results button to generate a PDF of the final report.
Tips: Try to access and view your results from a computer rather than a mobile device. If you choose to use a mobile device, do not use the Safari web browser. Google Chrome is the preferred browser for both computer and mobile access.