Resources for faculty and staff
It is the university’s goal to keep all Boise State employees safe and healthy as we move forward in our new way of working. This pandemic has been a challenge for our entire campus community. Human Resource Services is available to provide clarity and resources to reduce your uncertainty.
Prior to returning to campus-based work, all employees will complete a brief, online COVID safety training that will include information about self-monitoring, who to notify if you are symptomatic or exposed, as well as information about mitigating the risk of COVID in the workplace.
Telework and shift staggering encouraged for Boise State employees
Boise State is encouraging employees who, with their supervisor’s approval, can continue to successfully work remotely. Where possible and appropriate, supervisors should prioritize remote work for employees in vulnerable populations, employees who care for individuals in vulnerable populations, and for employees who need flexible schedules to accommodate school or daycare closures.
In addition, supervisors should stagger employees’ shifts and/or rotate staff in cohorts when possible to mitigate the risk of infection.
Boise State’s HR team will assist employees who test positive or have been exposed by identifying available leave options for employees who do not accrue or have exhausted their sick leave.
Departmental commitments to their employees
In light of the ongoing pandemic, all Boise State departments commit to avoid office gatherings by conducting meetings electronically, even when working on campus. In addition, departments will:
- Ensure appropriate physical distancing between employees (and others) by reconfiguring work spaces and furniture, installing plexiglass or other physical barriers, and providing visual indicators of six-foot spacing.
- Limit use of shared tools and equipment and sanitize after each use.
- Limit non-essential visitors to the office.
- Suspend use of shared cups, dishes or silverware.
- Suspend or limit use of common coffee makers, water coolers, microwaves and refrigerators, or sanitize after each use/touch.
- Contribute to shared responsibility for cleaning surfaces after contact.