Returning to Campus
Because of COVID vaccination access and changes in federal, state, and local guidance, members of our campus community should expect the Fall semester to look substantially different than the previous academic year.
Fall 2021 will include:
- A return to in-person classroom seating capacities associated with pre-pandemic numbers (physical distancing will no longer be required but individuals in classrooms will be encouraged to spread out as space allows)
- Mandatory permanent seat “assignments” in all in-person labs or classrooms to facilitate necessary contact tracing
- Food and drink will not be permitted in all in-person labs or classrooms
- Continued utilization of enhanced cleaning procedures
- Continued recommendation of enhanced hand washing protocols.
Boise State University requires everyone — regardless of vaccination status — to wear a facial covering when indoors on campus as well as in crowded outdoor spaces. Although ongoing research confirms that COVID vaccines are safe and effective, it is possible for fully vaccinated individuals to unknowingly spread the virus to unvaccinated individuals.
Students in specialized programs
Health Sciences students in clinical placements should continue to follow guidelines established by their host site, which are aligned with their respective professional organizations.
Other students in off-site internships, field study or student-teaching roles should adhere to the guidelines of the sponsoring organization.