College of Education
The Center for School Improvement and Policy Studies coordinates grant management for the College of Education (COED) to help support an increase in scholarly activity serving schools in Idaho. The Center provides direct support to Principal Investigators by providing pre-award and post-award services in cooperation with the Office of Sponsored Programs. During the past 2 years of successful partnership, the Center has managed grants for COED totaling more than $4.4 million, used to improve scholarly activities in Idaho schools.
- Recognizing Effective Special Education Teachers (RESET)
- The purpose of the RESET program is to create a special education teacher evaluation system which addresses the needs of the students to provide a better learning experience.
- Rural Endorsement and Development Opportunities Project (REDO)
- This project is designed to challenge teachers to make their classrooms accessible to students of diverse cultural backgrounds, especially those who are learning English as a second language.
- Initiative for Healthy Schools
- This project is focused on researching the implementation of strategies to help keep kids safe and engaged at school.
- Closing the Loop: From Student to STEM Teacher for Idaho Schools
- This program will recruit undergraduate STEM majors and prepare them to become grade 6-12 STEM teachers in high-need, rural school districts.
- Innovations in Graduate Education (IGE)
- The goals of IGE are to test innovative approaches to graduate education and to generate the knowledge required to move these approaches into the broader community.
- Early Childhood Professional Development
- The purpose of this program is to create enriching and innovative classroom environments for children in early childhood education.
- Positive Action
- This project is an investigation of how and for whom the Positive Action social emotional & character development program has its effects on student behavior and academic achievement.
- Design in Scientific Inquiry: The EDISIn Project
- This program seeks to address the engineering preparation of secondary science teachers by embedding engineering design into a science course for single-subject STEM education majors (future secondary teachers), and developing a sequence of lesson plans and annotated video for faculty who seek to integrate engineering design into their science courses.
- Wind for Schools
- The purpose of this program is to equip students and faculty with real-world skills and experience in wind energy applications.
- Genes to Behavior
- This project is a novel approach to the study of learning disabilities, focusing on how genetic variants affect behavior. The program aims to detect the warning sings of children at risk for developing reading disorders.
Find information about our staff here.