Tools for Flipping the Classroom
Listed below are some of the tools that faculty at Boise State have found useful in flipping the classroom, along with a checklist to guide your work in creating a flipped classroom.
Video Recording and Editing Tools
- Camtasia Studio: a fully-featured screen capture, video editing, and production tool. See also Video Resources at Boise State.
- Panopto: a quick desktop capture and production tool. See also Video Resources at Boise State.
- Explain Everything: a video annotation tool that creates videos similar to the style of Khan Academy, available as a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
- Canvas: Boise State’s learning management system, which can be used for creating and administering online quizzes and surveys.
- Socrative: student-response software available on mobile devices, great for administering polls and quizzes in class.
- iClicker: another student-response system for administering polls and quizzes in class. See also the iClicker information on the web site of the Office of Information Technology.
This checklist can help guide you through the process of flipping the classroom.