Explanation of University Service Hours
As a result of your conduct hearing, University service hours have been determined as a sanction.
Choose a location to complete your community service. Whether you choose to work with a campus partner or a community entity, you will need approval from the Dean of Students Office before you begin your hours.
The following table outlines steps to follow for both community service options (choose one option):It is your responsibility to complete your hours on time, plan accordingly. We will not grant deadline extensions due to inability to schedule your hours – be proactive with your efforts.
|Campus Partner Listed on Form||Campus Partner NOT on Form|
|Reach out to contact person listed for your location of choice to create a schedule||Email email@example.com to request approval for completing community service at the location you’ve selected.|
|If you do not hear from the contact person within 3 business days, consider finding a new location.||If your location is not approved, you will need to find a new location and request approval BEFORE you begin working on your hours.|
|Once you have connected with the contact from your campus location of choice, email firstname.lastname@example.org to gain final approval.||Once approved, work with contact person from location of choice to create a schedule for completing your hours.|
|Track your hours on the University Service Hour Sheet Worksheet.||Track your hours on the University Service Hour Sheet Worksheet.|
Be aware of the following information regarding your community service:
- The hours must be completed by the sanction date listed in your email. If they are not, a HOLD
will be placed on your ability to add/drop courses.
- Your hours must be completed in a minimum of 4-Hour time periods.
- You are responsible for verifying and adhering to the appropriate attire and footwear required for
your place of service.
- Your university service hours should be scheduled with your school and work responsibilities in
- You may be required to work your university service hours off during the evenings or on the
- Your community service supervisor will determine the amount of time and effort you have put
into a project and will mark that down accordingly on your Service Hour VERIFICATION
- When your university service hours have been completed, you must return the service sheet back
to your conduct hearing officer so that it may be included in your student file with the Dean of
Students and you are given credit for completing this sanction.
- Do NOT lose your Service Hour Verification Form! You are the person responsible for it. If you
lose this sheet, you may be required to re-do hours you have already completed.
- Your immediate community service supervisor will be the only person aware that you are working
as a result of a conduct sanction. Many students work on a campus and thus you should blend in
easily with the other students working within the department.
- You do not get to determine what is or is not appropriate when working off your university service
hours. If you have questions about the type of work you are required to perform, you may address
those initially to your immediate community service supervisor or your student conduct hearing
Below is a list of campus partners which you can choose from to complete your university service hours:
- Gabriel Bishop, Boise State Landscape Manager
(208) 426-2342. Available daytime only- 6:00am-2:30pm.
- Joshua Nehring, Student Union Facilities Manager
(208) 426-2858. Available daytime, evenings & weekends.
- Linsey Hartke, Event Parking & Transportation
- Rusty Brummer, Boise State Custodial Manager
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Available nights & weekends only.
- Tim Deck, Taco Bell Arena
(208) 426-1982, Available all hours of operation.
- Ash Whitwell, Albertsons Library
email@example.com, Available 3:00pm-12:00am
- Chris Martinez, St. Vincent de Paul Operations Manager
(262) 443-8442, Multiple locations/availability