REDO – Outcomes Of Our Work
Content on this site is monitored for compliance with the latest WCAG AA standards. We are continuously improving the usability of our content and are actively working to provide a more inclusive experience for all.
Please, contact the Literacy, Language, and Culture Department immediately if you encounter any access barriers, challenges, or require the content in another format to fully access the information.
First two years (2017-2019)
The first two years included 50 K-12 educators participating in the endorsement program representing twelve school districts (six rural and six urban).
- Literacy events were hosted at thirty-one schools. Teachers engaged English language learners and families in literacy experiences activities.
- One hundred home visits were conducted by REDO participants. Comments made by teachers
- Teachers successfully collaborated in Lesson Study. Lesson Study is a type of classroom inquiry that brings together teachers who collaboratively plan, teach, observe and revise the results of a single lesson.
- Teachers created and implemented interdisciplinary units using Understanding by Design, a content integrated instructional unit design focused on developing enduring understandings through essential questions. Download Example Unit Planning Template (PDF)
- Teachers engaged in Instructional Conversations examining articles focusing on family-school-community relationships. Download Instructional conversation and their classroom applications (PDF)