Lecturer, Social Media Specialist
(208) 426-7015 | LA209B
Heidi Naylor’s collection of short stories, Revolver, was released by BCC Press in 2018. Her features and fiction have appeared in the Washington Post, Sunstone, the Jewish Journal, the Idaho Review, Portland (magazine of the University of Portland), New Letters, and other magazines. She’s received a fellowship in literature from the Idaho Commission on the Arts as well as several other awards for her short stories. She teaches technical writing, research writing, and rhetoric; and she currently serves as the social media specialist for the English department.
- M.F.A. Fiction Writing, Boise State University
- B.A. English, Writing Emphasis, Boise State University
- A.S. Information Technology, Brigham Young University
Technical writing, fiction, and features writing, editing, advocacy
- “A Profile of Robin Wall Kimmerer” at Literary Mama, August 2021
- “We’re Fighting a Heart-to-Heart Battle” at Idaho Statesman, February 2021
- “A Good Paddling: It’s Easy to Find Idaho’s Simple Joys from a Paddle Board on the River” at Idaho Statesman, September 2020
- “Fear Factor.” Essay. By Common Consent (blog). May 2019.
- “Backwards Pioneers.” Essay. Dialogue: a Journal of Mormon Thought. Spring 2019.
- Revolver. Short story collection. BCC Press. 2018.
- “Exclusion of Muslims: Unfortunate Echoes in American History.” Opinion essay. The Idaho Statesman. February 2017.
- ENGL 102 College Writing and Rhetoric II
- ENGL 115 Rhetoric and Popular Culture
- ENGL 212 Introduction to Technical Communication