- PhD Rhetoric and Composition, Department of English, Washington State University, 2015
- MA English, American Literature, Department of English, Idaho State University, 2007
- BA English, American Literature, Department of English, Idaho State University, 2005
First-year writing, writing pedagogy, writing assessment, service learning, community literacy
- Beth Buyserie, Tialitha Macklin, Matthew Frye, and Patricia Ericsson. “Opening an Assessment Dialogue: Programmatic Evaluation of a Writing Studies Program.” Improving Outcomes: Disciplinary Writing, Innovative Assessment, and the Aim of Fairness, edited by Diane Kelly-Riley and Norbert Elliot, book is forthcoming 2020
- Macklin, Tialitha, Craig A. Meyer, Patricia Freitag Ericsson. “Chapter 1: Digging In.” Sexual Harassment and Cultural Change in Writing Studies, edited by Patricia Freitag Ericsson, 2020, pp. 9-12.
- Macklin, Tialitha, and Marcy Merrill. “Revising Rhetorically: Audience, Task, and Purpose.” California English, vol. 23, no. 1, 2017, pp. 12-14.
- Macklin, Tialitha. “Compassionate Writing Response Pedagogy: Using Dialogic Feedback to Encourage Student Voice in the First-Year Composition Classroom.” Journal of Response to Writing, vol. 2, no. 2, 2016, pp. 88-105, http://journalrw.org/index.php/jrw/article/view/60/37.
- Ericsson, Patricia, Leeann Downing Hunter, Tialitha Michelle Macklin, and Elizabeth Sue Edwards. “Composition at Washington State University: Building a Multimodal Bricolage.” Composition Forum, vol. 33, 2016, pp. 1-15, http://compositionforum.com/issue/33/wsu.php