Master of Arts in English
The English Department offers three innovative masters programs.
M.A. in English, Literature
Fosters expertise in the analysis of Language through the study of texts from a variety of cultures and origins and in an array of traditional, digital, and other media.
M.A. in English, Rhetoric and Composition
Prepares graduates to be writing specialists who can work effectively in settings that demand a flexible writing ability, an understanding of rhetoric and genre, and experience with collaboration.
M.A. in Technical Communication
Assists students in developing advanced abilities in writing content for a target audience, delivering a clear, concise message, and using language to persuade, inform, and entertain. This program offers a practical and flexible curriculum for busy professionals.
Career Placement of Graduates
- Non-profit organizations as grant writers and project managers
- Editing, publishing, writing, marketing, and public relations
- Ph.D. programs in Literature, Composition & Rhetoric, and English Education
- Advanced professional degrees in Law, Business, Public Policy, and other fields
- Public or private teaching in elementary, middle, secondary schools
- Teaching positions at community colleges and universities
For additional information contact: