Master of Arts in English
- The English Department offers three innovative masters programs.
M.A. in English, Literature
Fosters expertise in critical thinking, writing, and textual analysis of literary texts, films, and other media from diverse perspectives and historical and cultural backgrounds.
M.A. in English, Rhetoric and Composition
Prepares graduates to be writing specialists who can work effectively in settings that demand a flexible writing ability, an understanding of rhetoric and genre, and experience with collaboration.
- Dr. Reshmi Mukherjee (Director of Literature and Rhetoric and Composition)
M.A. in Technical Communication
- Assists students in developing advanced abilities in writing content for a target audience, delivering a clear, concise message, and using language to persuade, inform, and entertain. This program offers a practical and flexible curriculum for busy professionals.
- Dr. Jenn Mallette (Director of MA in Technical Communication)
Career Placement of Graduates
- Ph.D. programs in Literature, Composition & Rhetoric
- Public or private teaching in elementary, middle, secondary schools
- Teaching positions at community colleges and universities
- Editing, publishing, writing, marketing, and public relations
- News Media and Journalism
- Copy editor in advertising agencies
- Non-profit organizations as grant writers and project manager.
For information contact: