How to Apply for a Scholarship
Click here for more information and to apply. The deadline for most scholarships is February 15. Scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate students. All undergraduate students may apply. Graduate students may apply if they have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ENGLISH MAJORS
The English Department also has several scholarships available only to English majors. If you are pursuing a degree in the Department of English, you are eligible to apply as part of your scholarship application. Click here for a current list of available scholarships for students majoring in English.
Named Scholarships for English Majors
- Eugene and Lois Chaffee Scholarship (English, History, Music) open to students of any class with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Award is based on need and GPA.
- Ewy English Scholarship open to students of any class with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Financial need is a consideration.
- Ada Hatch Scholarship (Art, English or Music) open to junior or senior female students with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Daryl and Ann Jones English Scholarship open to students of any class with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- William E. and Anne M. Martin Scholarship open to non-traditional age female junior or senior students with a minimum GPA of 3.6.
- Helen Moore Memorial English Scholarship open to English majors of any class with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- PolySci/English Scholarship open to Idaho residents of sophomore, junior or senior standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0. (English students are awarded in spring.)
- Lonnie L. Willis English Scholarship open to students of any class with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
How to Support Student Scholarships
By supporting scholarships, our donors allow students to explore their potential to the fullest with less worry about how to pay for school. Click here to browse opportunities for supporting scholarships in English
Scholarships: Tell Your Story!
Please use this short form to tell us about your experience in receiving an English Department scholarship. Direct questions to Maya Duratovic: email@example.com.
The Student Experience
“Receiving this scholarship has allowed me to continue pursuing a degree in teaching. This opportunity will ultimately allow me to better serve my local community.” — Heather Pospishil
“I am an officer in a number of student organizations and I also work part time while being a full time student. Without this financial support I could not even dream of being this involved :)” — Cation Jones
“Receiving an English Department scholarship has been beneficial to me in that it allows me to continue getting a higher education. Without scholarships and grants, I wouldn’t have been able to go to college.” — Cassidy Davis