- This event has passed.
Hacking for Homebuilding
September 19 - October 25
This is a ‘reverse pitch’ competition, which means you don’t have to bring your own idea. Participants will choose a problem provided by industry partners and propose a solution in the form of a new venture. Examples of these problem statements can be found here.
There are two tracks for this competition:
- Student: Open to higher education students across the state of Idaho. If applying as a team, at least one member of your team must be a registered student at a college or university in Idaho.
- Public: Open to all community members. You don’t need to be a resident in the state of Idaho to apply.
Applications due: September 15, 2022
Three Phases of the Competition
1. Sprint (September 19 – 28, 2022)
During the first phase of Hacking for Homebuilding, participants:
- Learn more about the problem they are solving
- Work with mentors assigned to their teams
- Develop an idea for a solution
- Build and test their prototype
2. Preliminary Pitch Competition (September 29, 2022)
Teams will compete for their spot in the final competition and chance to win cash prizes by pitching their solutions to industry experts, community leaders, and experienced entrepreneurs. The top 3 teams in each track will advance to the final pitch competition.
3. Final Pitch Competition (October 25, 2022)
Hacking for Homebuilding will culminate with a pitch competition at Boise Entrepreneur Week (BEW).