Setting Up Automatic Imports
Automatic Imports are set up by the University Events Calendar team and automatically import events from your department or college website to the UEC every 24 hours.
Automatic imports have specific feed requirements in order to be eligible, including:
- Automatic imports are only set up for sites that represent the head of a department or college. If you manage events for a subsidiary or branch of a department or college, please work with your department or college head to have events added at the department level in order to be imported to the University Events Calendar.
- If you are already using the Events Calendar to create and manage your events on your boisestate.edu website, your feed is automatically eligible. Please contact us to get your automatic feed setup.
- If you are not using the Events Calendar to create and manage your events on your boisestate.edu website, you will need to contact us to review your feed and discuss if it is possible.
- If the Events Calendar is not yet activated on your website, please contact the Help Desk to request it.
After we have verified that your automatic feed is setup, you can push events to the University Events Calendar team for consideration by adding the tag “uec” (without quotes) to your event. Only events that contain the “uec” tag will be imported to the University Events Calendar, so you can still publish smaller and internal events to your department/college site’s calendar without the concern of them being added to the University Events Calendar. If for some reason your event is rejected for publishing on the University Events Calendar, our team will reach out to your site’s admins to discuss why.
Note: The categories you use on your department/college site’s calendar are different than those of the University Events Calendar, and that’s ok. Be aware that imported event categories will be overwritten and reclassified to conform to the categories used on the University Events Calendar.
After an event is imported to the University Events Calendar, you can still update your event on your department/college site’s calendar and the update will be passed to the University Events Calendar during the next scheduled import.
Requesting an Automatic Import
Currently, the following colleges and departments already have automatic imports setup and running with the “uec” tag:
- Academic Calendar
- Albertsons Library
- Alumni and Friends
- Campus Sustainability
- Extended Studies
- Graduate College
- Research and Economic Development
- School of Public Service
- Student Life
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Innovation and Design
If your college or department is on this list, work with your web admins to add events to the existing college/department calendar with the “uec” tag. If your college or department is not represented on this list, please contact Mikayla Mitzel at email@example.com to request the feed be set up.