Yes, we host Weddings! Answers to My Most Asked Questions

Marlayna Boice, Event Coordinator 

Yes, Boise State does Weddings. Yes, on Campus. Yes, all the time. 

As an event professional working on a college campus, I hear the usual event questions; How can I encourage conference attendees to spend more time in the exhibit area? How can I get the audience to engage more in my virtual event? What appetizers are vegan, nut, soy, grain, dairy, and gluten-free? There’s one question that always surprises me: “Boise State does weddings?” Yes, we do! Pre-covid, we did a lot, and I’m sure that we will again in a year or two.

Welcome to blog entry number one. I’m Marlayna Boice, an event coordinator for Boise State University. My degree is in Interior Design, Communication, and Technical Sales. After college, I started working as an interior designer. I came into events as an event designer but eventually transitioned to solely working in the event industry. I joined University Event Services at Boise State four years ago, and I love it! My primary role on campus is to help guide university departments in event planning and help produce high-caliber and successful events that help departments obtain their event goals. Outside of that role, I support most of the off-campus groups that rent venue space on campus. These events can be anything from non-profit fundraisers with dinners and auctions, business awards banquets, birthday parties, and other milestone events, like wedding celebrations.

Yes, sometimes the couples are Students.

Not everyone that gets married on campus is a current Boise State student. More are alumni that meet during college and want to celebrate their campus connection. A lot are Boise State athletic fans. Lastly, with the rise in popularity of destination weddings, Boise State hosts many weddings for out-of-state guests with Idaho roots or local couples who want an iconic venue. Nothing, IMO, is more iconic than celebrating a wedding above The Blue. The Boise Skyline is a close second. The Double R Ranch Room in the Stuekle Sky Center hits both! Christ Chapel, located next to Albertsons Stadium, is iconic in its own right. (More about Christ Chapel in a future blog). Regardless of where the couple met or where they are from, there are many good reasons to get hitched at Boise State.

Most people have heard that Boise State is a “Metropolitan Research University of Distinction.” Part of what attracts people to Boise State is our metropolitan location and our events are known for distinction and ease of planning too. For couples looking to get married in a church, we are close to some of Boise’s largest and most beautiful churches. A current trend in weddings is the after-party. For wedding celebrations looking to keep the party going, downtown is a quick limo or uber ride away. Boise State also has the advantage of being close to the downtown boutique hotels and the airport.

With our different venues, Boise State offers many options in price points. We can host small and intimate celebrations from more relaxed to more formal in rooms like Bishop Barnwell, The Lookout, The Alumni Center, or the 3rd Floor of the Stuekle Sky Center, The Bronco Zone. The 4th floor of the Sky Center, The Double R, is our most popular wedding venue with views of The Blue, downtown Boise, and campus. Couples with an extensive guest list (pre and post covid, of course) can opt for Jordan Ballroom. Brides that want a traditional-style reception venue with vaulted ceilings and space in the budget for macaroon towers, donut walls, and entire tables filled with cheese can opt for the Simplot Ballroom. Whether the couple wants a more relaxed vibe or iconic scenery, engaged couples want to forget the cookie-cutter wedding and find something new and exciting. With all of Boise State’s campus venues and an array of price points, we can make that happen!

Explore Wedding venues on campus or watch for more wedding blog entries by following University Event Services at Boise State on our social media accounts, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. We are now booking reservations for the Spring and Summer of 2022. Email eventservices@boisestate.edu or call (208) 426-1000 for more information or to schedule a tour of our venue!

Cheers –  Marlayna

Follow us on social media! Let’s stay connected.

@boisestateeventservices