Planning an Event
How far in advance should I plan my event?
With limited space and resources on campus, it is encouraged that you book your event as soon as possible. For events utilizing many campus resources such as parking, catering, audio/visual support, security, or personnel support, planning in advance means the likelihood that resources will be available to help your event go smoothly. Here is a planning timeline guide.
What spaces are available to reserve for an event?
Is there a list of campus resources I should contact when planning an event?
Yes. Below is a list of departments to contact when organizing an event on campus, depending on the scope of your event. Even if you don’t think you will require services from these departments, it’s a good idea to go through the checklist and talk through your event with individual departments:
- Catering – What type of service would you like? What is the date of the event? Who is the client? Boise State Dining or external vendors?
- Parking – How many people/vehicles am I expecting? Check-in with parking for guidelines, resources, and information.
- Audio/Visual – Does the space you reserved have the necessary equipment? Do you need technical assistance?
- Security – Do you need support from campus security? Let them know of any special guests (Governor, Mayor, etc.) or if the University President will be in attendance.
- Facilities Operations and Maintenance – Do you need sprinklers turned off the night before for an outdoor event? Extra garbage and recycling receptacles?
How do I publicize or promote my event?
Submit your event listing to the University’s Event Calendar by filling out this form. If your event is in the Student Union, you can also submit by filling out Student Union Promotions.