2023 Student Union Fine Arts Fund Call to Artists
seeking artists with original artwork
For 30 years, the Student Union Building has invested in a body of over 200 artworks as a steward of commissions, purchases, and gifts. This year, the Student Union Building Art Advisory Committee announces a call for visual artists to submit artwork to be acquisitioned to the collection and displayed in the Student Union Building. The Committee is seeking submissions from artists working in all media and all genre including, representational, non-representational, abstract, and conceptual works.
The Student Union Building Art Advisory Committee is a 6-member selection panel, including representation from Student Union staff and professional teams, past and current students, and community members; it will review applications and select artwork for purchase. Recommended works must receive final approval for purchase from the University Art Collections Committee and the President, as per University Policy 9090.
Applications must be received digitally at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM (MDT) on Monday, May 22, 2023.
The panel has an overall budget of up to $10,000.00 with which to purchase work. All purchases are at the discretion of the panel. 2-D artwork will be purchased unmatted and unframed.
- Open to all artists 18 years of age or older.
- Open to all media, both 2- and 3-dimensional; 2-D work must be able to hang on the wall and 3-D work must not exceed 3’ x 6’ x 3’ and 100 lbs.
- Artwork must be original and created by the applicant in 2018 or after.
- Materials used in the work must be archival, i.e. meet museum standards of preservation)
All applications must include:
- Artist’s current resume or CV including mailing address, phone, and email (word document or pdf)
- A statement about the artwork submitted, not to exceed 1-page (word document or pdf)
- Up to 5 hi-res (300 DPI) jpeg files of existing work available for purchase
- Image identification sheet with artist name, titles, dates of completion, media, sizes, and purchase prices of each submitted artwork.
- All files must be attached. Please do not submit application information in the body of the email.
- Incomplete, late, or ineligible applications will not be reviewed.
NOTIFICATION OF PURCHASE:
Artists will receive notification by email.
Artists will not be allowed to determine final placement of their artwork. All artwork purchased will become the cultural and financial asset of the University Permanent Art Collection. The University cannot guarantee that the artwork purchased in this call will be displayed in the SUB in perpetuity. All funds for purchasing artwork are generated from the commission sales of the SUB Fine Arts Galleries.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Fonda Portales at email@example.com