Bronco Gap Year was designed to be as accessible and affordable as possible.
- You do not have to be admitted to Boise State or enrolled in classes in order to participate in Bronco Gap Year. Anyone can participate.
- Bronco Gap Year does not have any courses that you enroll in. By moving away from a tuition-based approach, we were able to lower our program fee.
How do the credits actually work?
- Since you are not taking official Boise State or Bronco Gap Year courses, we use Boise State’s Credit for Prior Learning system to award credit at the end of your gap year experience. We use the portfolio approach, and we waive the $75 review fee.
- Your advisor and mentors will help you make a plan for gaining Boise State credit. In order to receive the credit, you would enroll as a Boise State student after your gap year experience ends.
- Credits transfer into Boise State as general electives.
- If you are not planning on attending Boise State, your Coursera courses and gap year experiences will need to be reviewed by your university. You should contact their Registrar’s office to learn about their Credit for Prior Learning process.