Skip to main content

Scholarships for Parents

Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers Single Mother Scholarship

We are awarding two scholarships to single mother’s enrolled in a United States undergraduate and law school. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA or higher and submit a 500-word essay detailing how motherhood has prepared them for the challenges they encounter in school. Submissions are to be emailed to: with a subject of ‘Scholarship.’ More information on the program can be found here:

Boise State University General Scholarships for Single Parents

  • You must complete the Supplemental Scholarship Application. Check all the scholarships for which you qualify.
    • Heidi Toomey – Single Mother Scholarship for single mothers with dependent child(ren) and 28 years of age or older.
    • Shirley Johnson Memorial Scholarship for single parents
    • Steve Schmidt Scholarship – Female Parent
    • Single Parent Scholarship

Boise State University College and Department Scholarships for Single Parents

  • There are many scholarships in the College of Health Sciences; however there are a couple that are specifically for single parents.
    • The Helen Sutherland Nursing Scholarship, for Single Parents
    • Sara Evelyn Morrow Nursing Scholarship for single parents enrolled in the nursing program as juniors or seniors
  • College of Arts and Sciences offers two single parent scholarships and one scholarship for student parents who are pursuing a major in the College of Social Sciences and Public Affairs
    • McCraw Family single-Parent Scholarship
    • Ralston Family Scholarship
  • Single Parent Scholarship — open to all majors within the college, must be single parent/head of household in addition to other criteria.
  • The McCraw Family Single Parent Scholarship — open to all majors within the College of Arts and Sciences, must be single parent/head of household in addition to other criteria.
  • Ralston-Blair Family Scholarship — provides support to full-time students who are also parents of children.

Other Scholarships for Parents

  • American Legion Auxilary’s Non-Traditional Student Scholarship: Applicant must be a member of The American Legion, Auxiliary, or Sons of The American Legion and shall have paid dues for the two preceding years and for the calendar year in which application is made. The applicant also must be a student who has had at least one year of college and is in need of financial assistance to pursue an undergraduate degree.
  • Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation: Provides financial assistance to low-income women with children who are pursuing education or training. Education Support Awards may be used for direct school expenses or for living expenses while you are enrolled in an educational program.
  • Michael S. & Jeffrey C. Hagler Scholarship Fund: Open to students enrolled at Boise State University or College of Western Idaho, degree-seeking or certification (including GED). Must be a single mother, enrolled in at least 9 credits, with financial need.