The Student Involvement and Leadership Center provides space and context for all students to explore purpose and realize potential. Through our work, students will feel that they belong, explore their values, and develop the capacity to lead.
As a result of our work, every Boise State student is more self-aware, community-oriented, and prepared to change the world.
The student is at the center of all of our efforts. Each of our values stems from this point of origin.
- Equity and Inclusion – We believe every student should have a place at Boise State. We design with everyone in mind. We remain steadfast in our conviction to uphold and honor student voices, in their differences and in their entirety.
- Mattering and Belonging – We believe that belonging is a human need and essential to student success. All of our programs, services, and interactions strive to build trust, instill confidence, and foster a sense of belonging.
- Student Growth and Development – We believe it is our privilege to engage students in co-curricular learning that enables them to be successful in college and to prepare them for life beyond the Blue. Our programs, services, and interactions are intentionally designed to create space and opportunity for growth, learning, and development.
- Quality – We believe students deserve our best effort. Every time. Everything we deliver to students communicates a high degree of care, relevance, polish, and attention to detail. We are committed to being better today than we were yesterday.
Our core work describes what we do as a department, broadly falling into four unique categories:
- Leadership Development – We facilitate leadership development for Broncos through individual and group advising, workshops, trainings, and retreats. These include offerings that are open to any student and others specific to certain types of organizational involvement. Students who become involved with leadership development opportunities gain vital and relevant real-world skills, knowledge, and experiences enabling them to achieve their educational goals and preparing them to be engaged citizens.
- Advise and Support Student Organizations – We are the primary department advising and supporting university recognized student organizations, including more than 200 clubs, social fraternities and sororities, the Associated Students of Boise State University, and Student Media. We provide daily support to student organizations on anything they may need for their business and activities.
- Service and Civic Engagement – We provide students with unique experiential service opportunities in which they learn what it means to be active and engaged leaders and citizens. This includes Alternative Breaks, local volunteer and service opportunities, and support to student organizations in their service and philanthropic endeavors.
- Student Activities – We contribute to a vibrant campus community through student activities, an array of campus events and programs designed to foster relationships, community-building, and engender a sense of belonging among Broncos. Student activities include weekly programs open to any student as well as large-scale signature university events and traditions, such as Bronco Welcome and Homecoming.