Buying Apparel Items
So your student organization wants to buy t-shirts with your group’s name and logo on it? (Or some other type of apparel item, like hats, sweatshirts, jackets, sweatbands, or legwarmers.) Great! We’re here to help.
Due to the amount of time it takes to produce some products and receive approvals, be sure to start this process a minimum of four weeks in advance. Before you contact a vendor to get a quote on the cost for your items, you may also want to work on ideas for the artwork that will be printed. For a guide on creating your logo, design or image, check out the Student Org Identity Guidelines.
Follow These Steps
- Log into your OrgSync account by visiting www.boisestate.edu/getinvolved. Find the “Log Into OrgSync” button on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on the button.
- Go to your student organization’s portal. Click on “Events.”
- Click on “Create an Event” to complete an Event Registration and select “Fundraiser” as the type of event you’re planning to get started. Fill in as much information as you can.
- Complete a Promotion Review Form (this form lets you upload artwork for review).
- Once your artwork is approved, a staff member in the Student Involvement and Leadership Center will contact you to determine which vendor is best for the job. Some vendors are licensed to print Boise State University-branded items and the official logo, others are not.
- After getting the vendor’s quote, go back to your student organization’s portal. Follow the “Forms” link to complete a Purchase Request Form unless otherwise specified.
- Are you planning to sell the shirts to your members or others? Do you know about uStore? It’s a simple, user-friendly, secured online system that can be used to process payments and deposit directly into your student organization account. Request a uStore for your apparel item sales.
- Once the request is approved by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center, the vendor can move ahead with the printing. When the job is done, take the invoice to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center so the vendor can be paid for services with your organization’s funds.
Still have questions? We’re here to help. Contact us at email@example.com or (208) 426-1223.
Approved University Vendors
All campus entities, including student groups, must use a licensed vendor to produce any merchandise or apparel with the Boise State name and/or logo or another reference to Boise State. This applies whether the items are intended for the organization’s own use (e.g. group shirts); promotional pieces, or items to be sold for fundraising.
Below is a list of several local companies that are approved vendors for Boise State University. To view a full list of all licensed vendors you can visit Boise State’s licensing website.