Buying Apparel Items
Is your student organization thinking about buying apparel or promotional items with the university’s brand or your group’s name/logo on it? Whether it’s shirts, hats, sweatshirts, table cloths, banners, pens, etc., we’re here to help you make it happen.
Approval timeframes vary so be sure to start this process a minimum of four weeks in advance, and before you contact a vendor to get a quote on the cost for your items, you may also want to work on ideas for the artwork that will be printed. For a guide on creating your logo, design, or image, check out the Student Org Identity Guidelines.
Follow These Steps
- Complete a Promotions Review Form to share your design/artwork with Student Involvement.
- Once your artwork is approved, a staff member in the Student Involvement and Leadership Center can help you determine which approved & licensed vendor might be best for the job.
- After getting the vendor’s quote, complete a Purchase Request Form (unless otherwise specified).
- Are you planning to sell the shirts to your members or others? Complete a Fundraiser Request Form.
- Once the purchase request is approved by Student Involvement, the vendor can move ahead with production. When the job is done, provide the invoice to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center so the vendor can be paid for services with your organization’s funds.