Student Organization Handbook – Section II. E.

Section II. Using Your Student Organization Account

E. Social Sororities and Fraternities Requesting Leadership Funds

A recognized chapter in good standing with the IFC, CPC and/or the Student Involvement & Leadership Center, according to the Relationship Statement, may request funds from the Student Involvement & Leadership Center for personal development and community/chapter development.

Only a chapter president may request funds. In writing, she/he must submit the request to Sorority and Fraternity Coordinator no less than six weeks (6) before the funds are needed. Questions the chapter president should consider:

  • What is the specific program being offered?
  • What is the schedule/agenda of the program?
  • How many students will attend?
  • How will the program benefit the chapter and the sorority/fraternity community?
  • What are the projected costs for the entire amount being requested?

Special consideration will be given for national/international annual or biannual meetings, conferences and conclaves. Please note that any requests involving travel will also need to go through the student organization travel approval process and timeline.

Back to Table of Contents