Student Organization Handbook – Section I. D.
Section I. Student Organization Recognition
D. Annual Registration for Student Organizations
Active student organizations recognized by the university must renew their registration with the university annually. Failure to register by the communicated deadline will automatically result in a change from Active to Inactive status.
Steps for Annual Registration
To retain recognition from the university, student organizations must do the following during the registration period every fall semester:
- Complete Officer Training
- Presidents and Financial Officers must complete a position-specific training. Officer trainings are open to anyone in the organization (including advisors).
- Advisor Confirmation
- All advisors must confirm their role with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center. An organization portal administrator must appoint the advisor(s) to the advisor position in OrgSync. The advisor will receive an OrgSync email notification with instructions to “complete new forms”.
- Update Your OrgSync Portal
- Your portal administrator will need to update your organization’s profile information, officer positions, members, and other pertinent content.
Club sports do not need to attend an orientation with the Student Involvement & Leadership Center. For information about attending a meeting at Campus Recreation, click on Club Sports or call (208) 426-2447.
In addition to the above requirements, social sororities and fraternities must also:
- Submit a certificate of insurance demonstrating that the chapter is fully insured with liability coverage. The certificate must include “Boise State University and the State of Idaho” as additional insured.
- Be in good standing with Boise State University’s expectations of all sorority and fraternity chapters as demonstrated by written authorization from the Student Involvement and Leadership Center confirming completion of all requirements in the previous academic year.